You can set the FishTrax™ 1X to sound an audible alarm when fish are detected.
To Turn the Fish Alarm ON or OFF:
1. Press and release the button 1 time (MENU I will appear at the top of the screen)
2. Press and release the ▾ button until “Alarms” is highlighted.
3. Press the to expand the Alarms Menu.
4. Press and release the ▾ button to highlight “Fish Alarm”
5. Press thebutton to turn the Fish Alarm ON, pressto turn the Fish Alarm OFF.
• Press the to save the adjustment and exit the Fish Alarm Setting.
• Press V | ESC to cancel the adjustment and exit the Fish Alarm Setting.
6. Press and release the V | ESC button 3 times to exit the menu and return to the fish finder mode.
Leave the alarm on if you are using a castable bait so that you do not have to steadily watch for fish on the screen. If you hear the alarm, gently toss your bait at least 20 feet beyond the sonar sensor, allow the bait to drop to the depth of the fish alarm, and retrieve as recommended for the targeted species.
Article is closed for comments.